George Scott was born and raised in Monroe, N.J. He served in the U.S. Army for five years before attending college at North Carolina State University’s School of Design, where he graduated with a bachelor degree in Graphic Design in 1998. He and his wife, Sara, have operated 8 Dot Graphics LLC in Raleigh for over 18 years.
Objects, phrases, feelings and even dreams spark the starting points for my work. Instead of having a preconceived idea of what a piece will look like when it’s completed, I react to what happens around me and during the painting process…building layers of texture, color and line work with masking tape, found objects, paper and other materials.
- InFocus Gallery located in the Green Hill Gallery 2014-2015
- Selected for inclusion in the North Carolina Literary Review 2015
- Participated in the Green Hill Winter Show: December 2013 – January 2014 | Greensboro, NC | 130 North Carolina artists
- Selected for inclusion in the North Carolina Literary Review 2014
- Included in the North Carolina Literary Review 2013
- Awarded second place at the Visual Art Exchange’s 2012 N.E.W Show.
- Solo show January, 2012 Lee Hansley Gallery
- Participated in the 100 under 1000 show at Lee Hansley Gallery, November 2011
- Fresh: More Art Faster exhibition at the Lee Hansley Gallery in Raleigh, August 2011 (Received Award of Distinction)
- Included in the Twelve to Watch show at 311 West Martin Street Gallery, April 2011.
- Donated work to the For the Love of Art auction February 2011
- Donated work to the Works of Heart auction 2010.
- Awarded Best in Show at the Visual Art Exchange’s 2010 N.E.W Show.